Complaints Handling Procedure – Service Charge Management
Effective 1st January 2015
Whilst it is our intention to provide you with the highest level of service at all times we do allow for the fact that sometimes things go wrong.
- If you wish to make a complaint please do so in writing to Andrew Copley, Director, Chaneys Chartered Surveyors. Where the complaint is initially made orally you will be asked to send a written summary of your complaint to Andrew Copley at the registered office address.
- Once your written summary of the complaint is received, Andrew Copley will contact you in writing within 10 working days to inform you of his understanding of the circumstances leading to the complaint. You will be invited to make any comments that you may have in relation to this.
- Within 20 working days of receipt of your written complaint, Andrew Copley will write to you in order to inform you of the outcome of the investigation into your complaint and to let you know what actions have been or will be taken.
- If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of his handling of your complaint you should contact fellow director Richard Duncan at the office address. He will then review the findings and contact you within a further 10 working days to inform you of the conclusion of this review.
- If you remain dissatisfied with any aspect of Richard Duncan’s handling of your complaint then please refer your complaint to:
- Individuals; Ombudsman Services: Property, PO Box 1021, Warrington, WA4 9FE.
- Businesses: RICS Dispute Resolution Service, RICS, Parliament Square, London, SW1P 3AD.
It may be necessary to delay the above timetable because of sickness, holidays, third party involvement or other factors but any departure will be discussed and agreed with the complainant at the relevant time.