I have been a leaseholder at Victory Hill since the opening of the development and I lived on the estate during 2007. Having maintained a keen interest in the management of the estate since 2007, I am well aware of the challenges facing non-executive directors of VHMC.
In my professional life I am a Chartered Accountant. I have over 30 years’ experience of the financial management of company operations and have served as company secretary to boards of several companies, including a PLC.
I have worked in the NHS for the past four years. My roles have included:
- The project finance management for the refurbishment of an A&E Department and a derelict hospital wing.
- The re-negotiation and management of large commercial contracts, including a large PFI.
I believe I can add value to the Board of VHMC through my technical expertise and support for ensuring that:
- There is strong financial management, including budget setting and budgetary control.
- The preparation of annual accounts and reports to VHMC’s members are accurate, detailed and timely.
- There is effective cost control / contract re-negotiation with suppliers.
- The governance of VHMC is what members would expect.
I am noted for my attention to detail, for ensuring that companies are run and governed appropriately, and for supporting my fellow directors in whatever way they may require.
About my Role
I was appointed to the board of VHMC by it’s members at an extraordinary meeting of members held on 14th November 2013. I took responsibility for the Director of Finance remit from 1st January 2014.
Getting in Touch
My contact details are shown on the contact us page.